Aug 21, 2019 – 0 Comments
Guys, we're relaunching in Wisconsin (!) and doing it in a pretty unique way. We're teaming up with Sociable Cider Works to distribute and sell our beer and their cider directly to retail licensees in the state of Wisconsin. The idea for this approach was born of creative problem-solving in response to the challenges faced by small producers in an ever-changing and competitive market.
“With so much distributor consolidation and other distribution challenges these days, we wanted to explore a more direct approach to reaching our consumers,” says Matt Schwandt, COO of Bauhaus. “Jim [Watkins] really had the inspired idea that Bauhaus and Sociable – already local neighbors – could cooperatively self-distribute in Wisconsin to get our craft beer and cider to thirsty consumers while offering the best possible service to retailers.”
In 2018, Bauhaus increased its production capacity from 13,000 barrels per year to 20,000 barrels per year. “More beer means more opportunity for us to share our brews with the world. Wisconsin boasts a one-of-a-kind beer culture, and with self-distribution, we’re excited to sell Bauhaus and the spirit of “gemutlichkeit” in a very personal and authentic way.” Sociable, whose brand of dry, bubbly ciders are new to many consumers really wanted to be on the front lines of telling their story and showcasing the diversity of cider in Wisconsin. “We have so many fans and staff with roots in Wisconsin, that we really couldn’t wait to share our unique approach to cider making with our neighbors.”
Bauhaus Beers: Wisconsinites can brace their taste buds for Bauhaus’ award-winning flagship offerings plus a Fall seasonal. Bauhaus brews will be available at both on- and off-premise accounts across Wisconsin in 12 oz. cans and flowing fresh on draft at select bars and restaurants.
- Wonderstuff Pilsner: A hoppy, modern Czech-style pilsner. Winner of bronze medal at the 2016 World Beer Cup for International Lager Category (5.4% ABV, 48 IBU)
- Stargrazer Black Lager: The lightest and darkest beer that Bauhaus brews. (5.0% ABV, 28 IBU)
- Lounge Wizard Juicy Pale Ale: A juicy, hazy pale ale. (5.2% ABV, 40 IBU)
- Sky-Five! IPA: A crisp, dry, balanced West Coast-style IPA. (6.7% ABV, 70 IBU)
- Schwandtoberfest Bavarian-Syle Märzen: A toasty, smooth Bavarian-style Märzen. (5.7%, 27 IBU).
Sociable Ciders: Wisconsin can look forward to “Decidedly Different” lineup of flagship and rotating seasonal products from Sociable
- Freewheeler- Dry Apple: A tart, effervescent apple forward classic (6.4% ABV, GF)
- Hop-A-Wheelie- Hopped Apple: A dry, bright balance of apple acidity and hops aroma ( 6.7% ABV, GF)
- Training Wheels- Scrumpy Apple: A juicy, hazy, unfiltered with slightly more unfermented sugars to offer full flavored orchard experience (6.3% ABV, GF)
- Burnout- Cucumber Habanero: A infusion of fresh cucumber and a touch of habanero pepper (6.4% ABV, GF)
- Mead for Speed- Sparkling Honey: A semi-dry honey-fermented mead (6.0% ABV, GF)
- Rusty Chain Cranberry Apple: A juicy slightly bitter showcase of freshly pressed Wisconsin cranberries (6.6% ABV, GF)
For those in the Milwaukee area, there will be a relaunch event taking place at Burnheart’s in Bayview on September 19th at 6pm. Partygoers can expect beer/cider specials and giveaways!