We're Hiring a Lead Brewer!
Oct 25, 2018 – 0 Comments
Guten tag, amigos! This is Pat. Pat and his family just moved to the Ozarks, and we're looking to hire the next Pat to be Lead Brewer at our Northeast Minneapolis production facility. We’ve been on an ambitious growth trajectory since opening our doors in the summer of 2014, and we’re looking for a motivated self-starter hell-bent on excellence to keep that trajectory going strong. Are you the next Pat for the job? Apply to find out!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee and perform all aspects of beer production from raw ingredients to brite tank, including, but not limited to:
- Wort production
- Cleaning and sanitizing tanks, hoses and fittings
- Fermentation and yeast management
- Dry hopping
- Separation/filtration and carbonation
- Manage inventory of raw materials, processing aids and cleaning supplies necessary to produce beer
- Maintain batch status using brewery management software
- Maintain production SOPs, and ensure that SOPs are followed by production personnel
- Monitor and perform preventative maintenance as required to minimize brewery down time
- Assist Head Brewer in recipe design and new product development
- Manage production staff to:
- ensure that all brewery personnel are consistently and properly completing production reports and other required documentation
- ensure that production staff have the proper tools, knowledge and equipment to safely and effectively perform their duties and responsibilities
- Work with Operations Lead to set production schedule as well as weekly staff schedule
- Maintain a clean, safe and well-organized production area
- Follow safety procedures and wear required PPE
- Other duties as assigned throughout the brewery to assist other departments as needed to accomplish organizational goals
- 3+ years commercial brewing experience at a 5,000+/bbl/yr brewery
- Experience managing multiple employees
- Genuine passion for craft beer and brewing innovation
- Advanced knowledge of and practical familiarity with lager, ale and kettle sour production
- Strong organizational abilities and effective communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills with overarching focus on quality
- Team player with a great attitude
- Well-versed in brewery safety requirements, and adherence to safety rules, regulations and policies
- Familiarity with Ekos Brewmaster a plus
Bauhaus offers a competitive salary with group health benefits and an employee profit sharing program. We also offer a fun, spirited and collaborative workplace culture where hard work is valued and rewarded. We are an independent, family owned brewery comprised of musicians, scientists, artists and – above all – beer lovers, aiming to reinvigorate the spirit of the family brewery. At Bauhaus, we take a unique look at classic German-inspired beer styles, skewed slightly by a sense of play and adventure. Our flavor-forward, sessionable beers are crafted to surprise and delight without taxing the palate.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume, along with a list of your top 5 favorite keytar players of all time, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.